Our patients can order their repeat prescription in a number of ways:
- In person - drop your repeat slip off at the front reception with the items you wish to order clearly marked. Alternatively, you can fill in a repeat ordering form.
- Online services - using Systmone online services. If you are not already set up for Systmone online services and would like to register for them, please contact the surgery and speak with one of the receptionists.
- NHS App - follow this link or see below for more information
- By telephone (over 65 or housebound patients only) - please call 01482 336810 between 2pm and 4pm, Monday to Friday
- By post - please send your repeat prescription request to the surgery
All prescriptions are sent electronically to your nominated pharmacy. In the exceptional circumstance a prescription is unable to be sent electronically, a member of the reception team will notify you.
Please allow 48 hours working notice for your repeat prescription request to be processed, taking into account weekends and bank holidays. To help you know when to collect, please see the below:
Order Monday - Wednesday collection from pharmacy
Order Tuesday - Thursday collection from pharmacy
Order Wednesday - Friday collection from pharmacy
Order Thursday - Monday collection from pharmacy
Order Friday - Tuesday collection from pharmacy
If your order falls within a bank holiday, please allow an additional 24 hours for the collection day.
The current cost in England per prescription item is £9.65 and you will be required to pay for each item on your prescription, unless you are exempt. Prescription exemption charges are dependent on your age and circumstances. To find out if you are eligible for free prescriptions, please visit https://services.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/check-my-nhs-exemption/start
If you require 12 or more prescription medications within a year, you could save money with a pre-payment certificate.
Alternatively, you can buy a three-month pre-payment certificate to save money, if you need 3 or more prescription medications within three months.
For more information, please visit https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/help-nhs-prescription-costs/nhs-prescription-prepayment-certificates-ppcs or speak with your local pharmacy.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here